The first high school, called Morrison Academy, began in 1906. In 1921, a new grammar school was erected, and in 1942, a new high school was constructed. The combination grammar and high school enrolled approximately 450 pupils. In 1969, due to the consolidation of all county high schools, Morrison School became a 1st through 8th grade school with O.M. Womack, Jr. as principal.
In 2010, land was purchased and in 2011, construction began on a new building that was designed to accommodate our growing student population and overcrowding issues. The new building opened in 2012.